You are the key to a successful event!
Walk liaisons represent First Care at their church. They help get the word out about the Walk for Life
& 5K Run.
If you are interested in being a liaison at your church please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some suggestions
to help spread the word at your church:
Meet With Your Pastor & Leaders :
- Share with them First Care’s impact
- Ask them if they will walk (they don’t have to raise pledges)
- Ask if they will show video, make an announcement, let First Care come in and speak, advertise in the bulletin and set up table in the lobby
- Ask if we could advertise on the Church’s social media
Set Up Table In The Lobby:
- Set up a table in the lobby of the Church for before and after services.
- Sign people up for the walk and explain to them how they can raise support and provide all the educational materials.
- Sign-Up Sheet ( Follow up via email or send list to First Care to follow up)
Ask to speak to all types of groups in the Church or Invite a First Care Speaker.
- Ex: Bible studies, Women’s group, youth group etc.
- Recruit influencers to be Team Captains
- Focus on getting walkers
- While we want everyone to walk, let people know they can still raise pledges even if their schedule doesn’t allow them to attend the event.
- Encourage people to use Social Media